06 June 2008

Sunday Ride

I'm looking to do a ride on Sunday and thought some of my fellow JDRF'ers might too. So, I'm going to host an impromptu ride this coming Sunday.

I'll be hosting it from Hager Park in Jenison/Georgetown township. My plan is to get started at about noon.

The plan, at the moment, would be to a ride of abut 60 miles or so. But, it would have Grand Haven as the halfway mark. I'd probably want to stop for a little lunch and relaxation. Enough to recover for the ride home.

My route will take us out past GVSU, then north to Leonard. Leonard all the way to Grand Haven. Lunch. Then, back home along the south side of the river and back in to Jenison. Total route shows 58.87 miles...but, would include enough rest time in Grand Haven to allow for a little recovery.

If there is some interest...I think it would be fun. If not...well...I'll do it by myself darned it. I still think it will be fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ross this sounds like an excellent ride. Can we do it some other day?

ceningolmo said...

Of course!!

I went down to the park at noon...just in case anyone showed up without commenting here or on the JDRF blog.

No one showed up. But, with the weather coming through it didn't seem like a good idea to get caught too far from home. So, I went for a short ride and am spending the rest of the afternoon relaxing in my hammock or on my couch.