01 June 2008

Maybe I'm asking too much

Why can't every day be like today?

I know...it's probably asking too much. But, wow...what a day. Gorgeous weather, good friends to ride with, great route to ride, family to hang out with, good food, good conversation...

So, here I sit, on my back patio. I'm sort of half way between sleep and conciousness. Seems like I've been working an awful lot lately...which is to be expected. Sleep has been in short supply (though, nothing like having a baby around the house like Ted Bentley. I'm sure he's sleeping less than me. Hi Ted!).

As I drowsily sit looking out across my domain...all 15 feet of it. I'm thinking...what a great day. Got my work done early this morning. Came back to the house and got ready for the JDRF Training ride in Holland. And, hung out with the kids for a bit.

Around nooner, we packed up the van and ventured to Holland. Karin and the kids hung out at the beach and wandered around downtown a bit.

I clipped and went out for a ride on my favorite loop... the Hutchins Lake loop south of Holland. What a blast. JDRF gang was in full effect.

Got to ride with MC, Linda, Brian, Heather, Carmen, TB, JJ and JJ (yes, that is John Jasker...in case Skip is listening), Da'Ve, and a bunch of others who's name would require thought beyond my semi-sleep conciousness right now.

We did 42-ish miles in gorgeous weather. Sun was out, light wind...beautiful scenery...what can I say? It couldn't have been better.

After the ride we hung at MC's house and ate mexican food from the grill.

Would you like a 3rd helping of Fajita Ross?

Don't mind if I do!

After that...sleep was setting in fast. So, we wandered back home. And, now I'm sitting on the back patio in this wonderful weather. Blogging and dozing. Soaking up the last of the sunshine for the day. Sucking down some water. And...making paper airplanes with Davis.

Time for a "who can throw their plane farther contest"...

later.

0 comments: