23 September 2008

Busy much?

Seems like I've been swamped lately.  However, I was recently told that it was definitely time for an update on my blog.  Thus...an update appears.

So what to discuss?

ODRAM?  It was awesome.  One of the best days I've ever had on the bike.  Good company, great weather, lots of Oreos...what more could I ask for.  I had a blast, I felt good on the bike and I rode pretty strong (for me).  Finished in 8.5 hours or so (ride time) and was chowing down on dinner by about 5:30PM.

Travel?  Yeah, I was out of town for about a week.  I missed the first KissCross of the season, missed a TNR, and generally fell out of the loop.  I spent the week in Minnesota at a company retreat.  We had some meetings and...gasp...played golf.  Yep.  Golf.  I know, I know...you've probably never heard me discuss golf before.  But, there once was a time when it was the central focus of my life, and not just because it was my career.  I was pretty good...not great...but, good enough to set high expectations.  But, in the past years I've not had the time or inclination to work on my game the way I should.  Thus, when I do play, I play pretty poorly.  And, I find that more frustrating than not playing at all...so, I just don't play.  Except, this year I needed to play at the company retreat.  I teed it up for the first time in a year...literally.  I suck.  It's a good thing I got to play with some good people.  My friend Erin entertained me enough to keep me from getting depressed on the first day.  Then, my friend Michael Angelo (no really, that's his name!) picked up the role of keeping me from hitting the Quit-Life button during the second day.  I survived the travel, the meetings, and the golf...thus, I'm posting to tell you about it.  Score.

JDRF?  I'm panicking...I don't have nearly enough money raised yet.  I started off on fire about 6 months ago.  And, I knew I could count on significant donations from my friends around my company.  Sadly, the turmoil within our corporate office made the idea of doing fundraising seem a bit awkward.  So, I avoided it.  Now, I'm left needing to raise a boat load of money and with fairly little time to do it.  My wife has commit to helping me by sending out some letters on my behalf.  But...in truth, I'm probably going to have to start knocking on doors at some local businesses to see if they can do something.  Heather (who is a saint!) is helping me out with a Yoga fundraiser.  So, hopefully I'll be able to get something figured out.

Riding?  Not much.  At least, not nearly where I was in June & July.  Seems like when MC is out of town my miles fall off greatly.  Probably not a coincidence.  ;-)  I've not been commuting lately...I believe the pedals on my Volpe were a contributing factor in the destruction of my left knee.  And, until I can afford better pedals, I'm avoiding riding that bike.  Sadly, I'm going to need to figure something out soon or I won't be doing any 'cross, any crazy bastard rides, or any more commuting (I don't like taking the C-Dale for commuter rides.  I feel like I'm beating the life out of it).

Business?  Yep.  I still have a job.

My brain?  Yep...technically, it's still here too.  Though, to be honest, it seems to be working ever more sporadically.  I get the feeling that I'm slowly evacuating the real world as I slip ever further in to my own strange little universe.  Hm.  Yeah...I ain't right.

0 comments: