19 May 2008

Long time no post...

Yes, it has been a while. I'm not sure what to say. I just haven't been feeling inspired to write for the past couple weeks...thus, my blog has remained stale. Yawn.

In fact, I'm not even sure what I'm going to write today. I don't have any topics that are burning me up or inspiring me to vocalize my opinion. I'm just sort of...well...lethargic lately. Who knows.

One topic that always get me going is the weather...and, now is as good a time as any to discuss it. What's with the temps? We're averaging about 2 degrees cooler than average for the month so far...and, thats not that bad. But, we're averaging about 10 degrees cooler per day than we were during the month of May last year. That's a significant difference!

Yesterdays JDRF ride (which I enjoyed thorough, btw) was cool...cool in a low temperature kind of way. Felt more like a March/April ride than a mid-May ride. By now my primary concern during the rides should be keeping cool and keeping hydrated. Yet...the concern to remain warm enough without getting too warm persists. How annoying.

On the plus side, I got to spend a couple hours with John Jasker yesterday. What can I say? I always enjoy spending time with J2. We did some childish playing around during the ride...sprinted to stop-ahead signs, dipped and dove and over silly concrete barriers in church parking lots, went for max speed down hills, did a few pulls at the front of the pack, and just generally made a nuissance of ourselves. It was a good day. ;-)

Woke up this morning and the thermometer said 33 degrees by my front door. I wimped out...I'm sorry...I just didn't have the heart to put my amfib tights back on. I thought I was done with those for the year. Knee warmers are OK...thermal tights...not so much.

So, I drove to work ...I cried a little bit thinking about how much I was spending on gas. Luckily, I stole my dads car for the drive...so, it is yet to be determined whether I will actually have to replace that gasoline or not. Ha.

Alright...I'll try to get back in the habit of this whole blog thing again. I know I've been slacking...it was a rare period when I just didn't have a whole lot to say about anything. It doesn't happen often. Savor it.

1 comments:

John said...

Indeed Sunday's ride was a blast, from a fun standpoint as well as the wind. Someone ask Ross what he thinks about Stop signs at railroad crossings...