15 February 2008

Pink eye? Yes, please!

Ok... so, pink eye is unpleasant. How should I know, you might ask. Well, I know because I have it.

According to my doctor, who didn't have much sympathy for me, checked me out for a 5 minutes then declared. "You have pink eye".

Ok? How the heck did that happen?

Well, according to my doctor...the cold/cough/flu thing that I have been fighting for the past few days spread. Yes, spread. In to my eyeball! That is ridiculous...I got a cold in my eye?!?! I told the doctor that I was reasonably certain he was making that up...but, he assured me it was true.

His solution? Some eye drops and a big healthy dose of "deal with it". Apparently it is contagious. But, so long as I wash my hands often and keep my hands out of my eyes I should be able to avoid transferring it to anyone. Yeah!

It should go without saying that I will not be participating in wrestling practice this evening. I have the UCC (Ultimate Cycling Challenge) in Holland tonight. So, I will go to that...but, only because I should be able to keep my hands/eyeball to myself when I am all by myself on my bike. Besides, maybe the exercise will keep my mind off the itching and discomfort. At the moment I am filled with the desire to dig my eyeball out of my head.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you want some CHEESE with that whine!!!