12 February 2008

Snow...seen any?

Holy crap have we gotten snow this winter. I mean, really, a lot of snow. No messing around snow. Every day, just a little more, roads never get clear, and annoyingly deep snow. Even us native Michaganders are getting annoyed. This is more snow than I can remember in a LONG time.

We've already passed our annual average...in fact, we passed it more than a week ago. So, everything from here on out is just piling it on over the average. Plus, we've nearly doubled the average for February already...so, it's not as if the snow has been slowing down lately. In short, this has been a great winter for skiers, snowboards, snowmobiles, and anyone who owns a car with 4wd.

With that said, I'd like to mention my hope for the winter/spring. Last year was the winter that would not die. It would get warm for a day or two...then, snow. We got snow if February. No big deal. We got snow in March. Well, that's annoying, but not unexpected. The beginning of March is really still part of Winter. We got snow in April. Are you kidding me? Snow in April...it was time for some sunshine. Time for rain, flowers, leaves on trees, and green grass. It was time to kick start the golf season and it freakin snowed outside!

So, despite the craptacular amounts of snow we have received thus far in '08, I'm hoping for a good spring. In fact, I'm hoping for A spring. Some spring. Any spring. It seems like it has been years since we've had a nice long transition from Winter to Summer. Seems like we get about 10 days of moderate temps to melt the snow...then, summer. It just instantly gets hot.

I want an early golf season. I'd love to see some sunshine this month. I'd like to see a great Masters tournament...maybe Tiger will win and kick start the golf business. I'm hoping to see the snow melt in March...then, not return. Leave us to an actual Spring.

Here's hoping for good weather.

0 comments: