21 March 2008

Check please!

I'd like to leave now.

It's Easter weekend... you know what that means. Spring is here. The grass is beginning to green, the flowers are starting to pop-up, the breeze is warming, the Easter bunny is bringing along pleasant weather. Yep. Just look outside and enjoy the majesty of Spring in Michigan.

Now, put the gun down. You may be searching for the quit life button, and I don't blame you. But, you can reconcile the crappiness outside by reminding yourself that the Global Warming has taken a temporary respite (or permanent one. Or, never was an issue in the first place. Pick your science). Thus, the polar ice caps have expanded massively this winter. Yes, I know that you will feel better about your snow blanketed Easter egg hunt when you remember that the fluffy polar bears now have plenty of ice on which they may lumber about. See, isn't that better?

As for my ride this morning. It sucked. 4 hours of sleep wasn't enough to recovery from yesterdays run and ride. Plus, the 15mph wind out of the East meant I was riding in to the wind the whole way. Suckage.

Ride home? I just didn't have the guts today...the roads are disaster and it seemed like I would have been asking to die. So, I called my wife and she risked life and limb to come get me. She's wonderful.

0 comments: