19 March 2008

Praise for things I love

Places and products I love...now is as good as any time to recognize them!

Judes Barber Shop (www.judesbarbershop.com) - My favorite place for a head shave. I love this place! It's where I go when I just need to 45 minutes of relaxation. I've been going to the location in Grandville because they have a few people that are trained with straight razor (head shave). But, I recently switched to the Standale location...warm shaving cream, hot towel treatment, scalp massage, and a back massage are all included. It's a great place to just unwind when things get too stressful.

Velo City Cycles(www.velo-citycycles.com) - My favorite bike shop. In fact, they've been so awesome, they are my only bike shop. I'm not sure they're the most profitable retailer I've visited. But, if more than the bottom-line is considered, they're the most successful. They do things the right way.

Mizuno Sports (www.mizunousa.com) - My favorite manufacturer of a number of products. They make the best runnings shoes I've found. Lighter than other brands by a mile! They also make the Mizuno BreathThermo line of apparel. They're base layer mocks and the WindLite sweater are amazing. I've made thorough use of both over the course of the winter. Plus, they make the finest feeling forged irons available. I'm a big fan.

Cannondale (www.cannondale.com) - What can I say? They make the CAAD9 r5 I purchased over the winter. Eassily the finest bicycle I've ever ridden (other than MC's Seven, but that doesn't count)...it's fast like I never imagined possible.

I'm sure there are a hundred others...but, this just came up while I was suffering through my TT earlier today.

0 comments: