04 March 2008

It's March...you know what that means...

Well, it's March. So, that means I'm done with Winter. Sadly, that does not mean that Winter is done with me.

Here is my theory...and I might be wrong on this. I don't exepect the snow to just disappear on March 1st. I know it's not going to be 80 degrees outside. In fact, I don't even expect the snow to be gone by mid-March. It will linger for a while, and I'm ok with that.

However, my expectation is that there will be no additional snow added to our winter wunderland. That's it. Once March gets here, any and all accumulation of the fluffy white crap must cease and decist. No exceptions.

I love Michigan. I love our weather. I love having four seasons...I wouldn't want to live someplace that is warm all the time. Generally speaking, my favorite season is whichever season is coming next. So, I spend most of the year looking forward to those things that are coming next.

There is one noteable exception to my optimism though. March. This freakin' month kills me every year. It's torture. I love winter. I love snow. But, it's time to be done. It's time for some warmer weather, some grass, some sunshine, some rain...and most of all, it's time for the roads to clear up. I swear that if we have another "Spring" like we had last year...I'm just going to lose it. I'm not sure how I'm planning to deal with it this year...last year I did not cope very well with the "winter that would not die".

So, I'm looking for suggestions for strategies to deal with March. Anyone? How shall I remain mentally intact this March?

Pineapple Bob ride next Sunday might help the situation...if it's not 4 degrees outside.

0 comments: