11 March 2008

Sick. Again.

This sucks. I believe this is my 3rd trip through being sick this winter...maybe 4th.

Cold sweats, screaming headache, sore throat...the whole winter fun pack. Again. Not sure where this came from or when. Sunday morning before the P-Bob I was feeling a little "off". But, once the ride got started I felt fine. After the ride I felt fine...and, Sunday night I felt fine. Woke up yesterday morning and felt fine.

Yesterday afternoon I started to feel really down. Slow, and really tired. By last night I was in misery. I had the cold sweats going, the headache, etc.

I've drank about a gallon of water in the 18 hours, and I still feel thirsty. So, I'm wondering if I'm not just suffering from some form of dehydration. I went for a pretty good run on Saturday, did the P-Bob on Sunday, and then rode in on Monday morning. And, to be honest, I don't think I was particularly diligent about taking on liquids during that time. So, maybe I dried myself out a bit too much?

I'm hoping it is that simple and that I'll feel better today. Who knows?

I have a special event going on at my store this evening. So, I'd rather not be sick for that.

Plus, I hop on a plane tomorrow morning at 6:30AM. I'm heading to Baltimore for 5 days to help open a new store. So, obviously I'd prefer not be sick while I'm traveling.

I'm a bit nervous about the training I'm going to get done while in Baltimore. I always leave for these business trips with big intentions of spending time on the treadmill in the mornings. But, I rarely do it. I can't afford 5 days off of traning right now though...so, I'm going to have to be diligent this time.

Fundraising is going well. I have some extremely generous friends with big hearts. I think it is awesome that these friends are so willing to help the JDRF!

0 comments: