01 April 2008

April Fools Day

It's April 1st. So, I should probably be posting something on my blog that is some sort of a witty scam. Something evocative and thought provoking. Sadly, I'm just not feeling it.

It's probably a bit tiresome for readers to keep visiting this blog and read my gripes about the weather...but, what can I do? Look outside! Mother nature is sucking the joy out of my life one cold day at a time. I honestly thought we might be turning a corner yesterday...but now there is the "potential for scattered snow showers" this afternoon/evening.

It does no good to blame the weather dudes and dudettes. But, it makes me feel better. So, I'm blaming them. OK...not really.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...but, it seems a long way off. The 15 day forecast on accuweather.com is showing two days reaching 60ish degrees around mid-April. One might suppose that is reason for excitement, though I think it's a bit sad that we've been forced to look forward to the mere possibility of a 60 degree day 2 weeks from now. It's a sad state of affairs.

Perhaps the frustration comes from the fact that the light at the end of the tunnel has been there for about 5 weeks now...but, we never seem to get any closer to it. Each day is cold and dreary and has the potential for snow...and the 15 day forecast always seems to contain that one mythic warm day at some point in the distant future.

I plan to wallow in the exceptional joy of that first day that I can ride to work on the Volpe with summer tires on it. That first day that I get dressed for my ride that does not include 20 minutes of getting dressed and undressed before and after the ride. I can't wait to ditch my AmFib shoe covers and gloves. It would be fantastic if I could pack my balaclava away for the year.

April...spring...leaves...warm weather...sunshine...I'm crying on the inside.

0 comments: