02 April 2008

Spring!

Well, I'm stepping out on a limb and saying that we have turned a corner with the weather. Today was gorgeous!

My ride in this morning was uneventful and, frankly, wonderful. It was cold (22 degrees at time of departure), but the sun was out and it was beautiful. I was plenty warm with my sweater on...even though it was cold. In fact, I was warm enough that when I stopped at a red light there was steam rolling off my arms and shoulders. Cool!

The ride home (about 5:30) was perfect. I ditched the sweater in favor of a a compression shirt and my jersey. Man, I always feel so much faster when I get rid of th sweater.

Anyway, the weather was beautiful. No wind to speak of, the sun was out...in short, it was bordering on perfect. If every single day of the year was like today, I'd be pretty happy. I'd take another 5 degrees warmer so I could get rid of my tights as well and just ride in my bibs. But, I'm not complaining. It was great to ride.

Went for a run last night...not a long one...not a fast one. Just a nice, easy, relaxing, 4 mile run. And, you know, it was exactly that. Easy, relaxing, and nice. I finished feeling good, not the least bit tired, and like I could have easily done several more miles. This is important to me because I'm still making up my mind which distance I am going to do for the Riverbank Run. I really wanted to do the 25K distance...but, I'm very concerned that I will not be able to do the distance, and that I won't have time to get ready between now and then. Perhaps I'll do this as my first 10K distance? We'll see.

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about the first training ride of the year for the JDRF team. We get started on Sunday and I am totally stoked. The prospect of getting started on group riding again is very exciting. Between the Tuesday night ride out of VCC and the Sunday rides with JDRF...it's going to be a great summer.

0 comments: