29 April 2008

Redundancy - Weather as a topic on my Blog

I know weather is a recurring theme on my blog. So, if you're sick of reading about it...get over it.

I once had a teacher tell me that the trees are smarter than we are...

Every year we seem to be confused by the onset of Spring and Fall. That somehow Spring doesn't arrive early enough and that fall sneaks up on us. And, perhaps that is true...Summer does tend to lull me in to a sense of sleep regarding the weather. It feels as though every day should be 78 degrees and sunny. Why wouldn't it be?

But, according to the teacher I once had...there is no great mystery to this topic. He said that spring and fall are, in fact, remarkably reliable. That the trees are aware of this fact and will consistently bloom to leaves, and drop their leaves, with a high level of precision each year. The trees seem to understand that a couple warm days does not make it spring outside...

I wish I could feel the same about the weather that the trees do...just wait patiently for the right time. Then, BAM, leaves.

The reason I bring this up is that it is somewhat ammusing to me that we had 10 days (maybe more) of nearly perfect weather. Then, the weather turned a little cooler...not bad. Just cooler. And, now, I look outside and all the trees in my neighborhood have leaves on them. Ha. What's with that? They skipped the weeks with warm weather and decided to pop out some leaves now that there is a freeze warning in place?

I don't know...something about that seems to negate the statement my teacher made some many years ago. But, who knows...maybe he is right. Maybe the trees are right. Maybe it is spring...even with the freeze warning in place.

I'm looking forward to a beautiful summer... rumor has it that is going to be a nice one (Bill Steffens blog on www.wooodtv.com). It'd be nice to not have weather be a primary topic for my ramblings on this blog.

That'll never happen though.

3 comments:

MC said...

Well...now we know why we haven't had our standard "Ross is here all damn day" Tuesday at the shop.......you're holed up somewhere writin' the Next Great Ameriacn Novel!

Need me to hold that for ya?

MC

ceningolmo said...

Keep your hands to yourself!

If I need help with this blog...I'll let you know. Actually...now that I think about it. I need help with this blog. What do you have to offer?

I'd certainly be willing to take some of you witticisms. Frankly, my verbage has felt a bit droll all day.

Tedbentley said...

want some help from me?