29 April 2008

TNR = Tuesday Night Ride

Well, tonight marks the first of the Tuesday Night Rides from VCC that I will be able to participate in...which is very exciting. Technically this will be the third TNR of the season. But, I have been otherwise engaged the past two Tuesdays...so, this will be my first for 2008. Score!

TNR was my first exposure to group riding, and is still my favorite. I was invited during the summer last year to begin riding on Tuesday nights with the gang from VCC. And, eventually, they talked me in to it...and, I'm sure glad they did. What a ton of fun! I had no idea what I was missing.

When the rides finally came to an end in the fall I was a bit broken hearted. I look forward to these rides all week long...then, I had to look forward to them all winter long. Now, it is finally here again and I am stoked.

Should be a cool, but sunny evening. Temps should be about 50 Degrees at the start and will probably drop a bit during the ride. I don't think it will be too cold though. I'm imagining that base layer and jersey will serve me well.

I'm excited to ride with some of the folk that I don't see often. There is a whole gang of exceptionally nice people who do these rides...many of whom took the time to make me feel at home last year. So, I am really excited to get back to riding with them again. I have two goals this year during the TNR.

1. Consistently hang in with the faster of the two groups, take my turns at the front, and enjoy the ride without feeling like I'm going to die.

2. Find someone else who is just getting started like I was last year...and, make them feel at home like the group did for me. I had a ton of fun last year. Largely because there were some people who went out of their way to help me learn how to ride (I still suck, so you can imagine how bad I was before). Now I want to return that favor by helping someone else who is new...the problem, of course, is that I'm still a newbie! So, in order for me to help, they are going to have to be really lost!

0 comments: