25 April 2008

Illness

I feel like crap. I guess that is the long and short of it...I could expound on the topic. But, why? It's not going to make me feel any better about the fact that I don't feel well.

I left work early last night. Headaches, stomach hurt, slight fever, and complete, total, incredible exhaustion. Felt like it was a genuine effort just to remain standing.

Fell asleep at about 7PM last night...slept until about 9:30 this morning. Still feel exhausted. But, no more fever, no more headache. Stomach still feels a little weird, but not intolerable.

Hopefully this is just a little bug that I caught from the kids. Probably didn't help that I put so many miles in on the bike this week. My body isn't used to keeping that type of pace yet...need to increase the mileage on a slightly slower pace, I think.

Anyway. Enough whining. I feel a lot better this afternoon than I did this morning. I think I'll feel fine by tomorrow. I really don't want to waste a warm afternoon...I REALLY want to get on my bike and go for a ride. But, I'm afraid it would just make me feel worse rather than better. So, I'm going to resist the temptaion and just try to take the day off of the bike. I might try to ride in tomorrow...we'll see.

I really want to make sure that I'm ready for the P-Bob on Sunday. Sounds like that is going to be 45 miles of hell...I don't want to feel ill at the start of it because I know I'll feel ill at the end of it.

3 comments:

Tedbentley said...

what is that man doing to you in the title picture?

ceningolmo said...

I'll show you the next time I'm at the shop. I'd post it up here...but, I don't want to ruin the surprise. Or, give you a chance to prepare.

Tedbentley said...

RUFF, ROUGH!